Learn about the components of paint and how they affect a product or building’s performance and warranty. The first part of this session will cover different components that make up a coating and how each are used to create different performance outcomes. We will also discuss what is traditionally warrantable, including details on film integrity, color retention, and chalk resistance.
We’ll cover how each of these are evaluated and determine if or when they are out of warranty spec. Examples will be presented for each as well as what’s not covered by industry warranties. Finally, speaker David Hirte will offer sources for more information and open up the meeting to Q&A.
- Understand the different kinds of paint components
- Learn how each component affects the performance and warranty of the coatings
- Find out how to determine what is not covered by industry warranties
- Discover how color retention, chalk resistance, and other details affect the long-term liability and warrantee for coating products
- Learn what affects film integrity and color retention
This session is FREE to attend and located in the Technical Know-how Learning Center inside the Expo Hall. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and space is limited.
Key Account Manager, AkzoNobel
A versatile and experienced coatings professional with experience in various coatings and technologies. I bring a solid understanding of coating application, materials and performance to every project.
Earn Continuing Education Credit:
Approved for 1.0 AIA Learning Unit