Selling your product or service has never been more challenging. It takes extensive knowledge, a deep understanding, a well-developed strategy, and the ability to build relationships. Numerous selling disciplines exist to make these challenges slightly simpler and encourage consumers to spend more money ranging from cross-selling to up-selling.
Do either of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You go to your local mobile-phone store to trade in your phone and purchase a new one. While completing your purchase, the salesperson recommends you purchase a case and a charger too.
- You arrive at the mobile-phone store, with the intent of trading in your older phone for a new one. You have your eye on a basic model, but the salesperson talks you into the latest model with extra storage capacity and a superior camera.
Upselling encourages customers to purchase a comparable, but higher-end product than the one in question. Cross-selling invites customers to buy related or complementary items.
In this session, we’ll dig into both tactics. Each offers distinct benefits and are mutually beneficial when executed properly. We’ll also cover other successful strategies such as relationship selling and conversion selling, covering typical scenarios for the various strategies. You will walk away with successful strategies to enhance your business and improve your bottom line.
- Understand the importance of sales training for your team
- Learn the fundamentals of cross-selling and up-selling and how to implement success strategies for your business
- Understand the barriers to cross-selling and up-selling
- Learn additional sales strategies, like relationship selling and conversion selling
- Walk away with a practical plan to develop sales strategies for your business
This session is FREE to attend and located in the Best Practices Learning Center inside the Expo Hall. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and space is limited.
Director of Sales, USA, S-5!
David is responsible for the overall growth and development of S-5! domestic distributors. He brings nearly 30 years of experience in sales, marketing, business development and change management, applying a results-driven, sales-oriented approach to the distribution channel. With a background in distribution and manufacturing, specifically building materials, David joined S-5! in 2011. As the director of sales for the U.S., he oversees the domestic sales team and sales strategy. He assists the sales team in developing and growing their network of distributors and installers.
Earn Continuing Education Credits:
Approved for 1.0 AIA Learning Unit